Filed under: TV News
Julie Benz, meet your new TV mom: Cybill Shepherd!
That’s right, the veteran TV actress is heading to ABC’s new superhero show ‘No Ordinary Family.’ According to TV Guide, Shepherd will play Barbara Crane, mom to super speedster scientist Stephanie. Look for Stephanie’s parents to not have warm feelings towards Michael Chiklis’ Jim.
“They don’t know yet about what’s happened to the family,” Benz told TV Guide. “So we have to decide if it’s best to clue them in or keep them in the dark.”
In other TV news …
o. TNT has renewed freshman drama ‘Memphis Beat.’ The series starring Jason Lee and Alfre Woodard has averaged 4.5 million viewers over its 10-episode season. [Live Feed]
o. HBO is bringing ‘Hung’ back for a third season. The show about Thomas Jane as a downtrodden high school teacher/male prostitute drew 2.5 million viewers last week. [Deadline Hollywood]
o. ‘Heroes’ star Jack Coleman is headed to ‘The Mentalist’ on Oct. 14. Coleman will play Max Armstrong, a wealthy and arrogant man who just so happens to catch Patrick Jane’s eye and becomes the prime suspect in a murder case. [TV Guide]
- News Roundup: ‘Modern Family’ Wins the Ratings, Lifetime Renews ‘Drop Dead Diva’ and ‘Army Wives,’ and More
- News Roundup: Stan Lee to Guest on ‘Nikita,’ NBC Renews ‘America’s Got Talent’ and More
- News Roundup: Showtime Renews ‘The Green Room,’ Casting Intel and More
- News Roundup: Frances Conroy to Guest on ‘Grey’s Anatomy,’ Jerry Stiller Visits ‘Seinfeld’ Home and More
- News Roundup: Ana Gasteyer to Guest on ‘Chuck,’ First Look at Jane Badler on ‘V’ and More